Dance Across Borders
Our whisper on the wind, set up a network and DAB became a floating Festival hosted by artists, who cooperated with institutions to help fund their ideas. DAB is truly a grass roots organization with a guiding Manifesto signed at the first DAB (1995) in NYC at Dia Art Foundation on Mercer Street.
DAB became a new model for touring and developing relationships between international independent choreographers through intensive offerings including some combination of teaching, discussion and performance.
- New York City, USA DAB (1995) Dia Art Foundation, hosted by Pat Cremins, Susan Osberg and dance director of Dia – Joan Duddy.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands DAB (1996) at (SNDO) School of New Dance Development, Bodies of Influence, hosted by Suzanne Epstein, Kay Izlar and Dennis Gilanders in a tenth year anniversary of the school.
- Gøteborg, Sweden (1997) hosted by Gun Lund and Lars Persson. E=MC2
- Paris, France (1997) hosted by Amy Swanson, Fabrice Dugied and Mireille Feyzeau.
- Polli Talu, Estonia (2000) hosted by Markia Blossfeldt.
- Gøteborg (2001), hosted by Lars Persson and Gun Lund.
- France – Bordeaux, Normandy, Paris (2006), hosted by Amy Swanson, Fabrice Dugied and Mireille Feyzeau.
USA. DAB at the Fisher Art Center at Bard College (2007), hosted by Susan Osberg.
Gøteborg, DAB (2017), hosted by Lars Persson and Gun Lund for an Island retreat.
Zoom DAB (2021) hosted by Gerda König (Germany) and Gregor Kamnikar (Nomad Dance Institute).
Estonia DAB (2022), hosted by Marika Blossfeldt at Polli Talu with Renee Nømmik and Tiina Olesk directors of Fine5.